Sunday, August 10, 2014

No need to TGI Friday's

For some reason, that I immediately regretted,  I went to TGI Friday's today. Needless to say that it wasn't too good. I was unhappy with my experience, so I did what any rational person would do and wrote a nice letter (that will probably never get read and/or responded to) to their customer relations on their web site. It went like this...

"Let me start by saying that growing up TGI Friday's was my favorite restaurant. If anyone asked me where i wanted to go, Friday's was always the answer. I went every year for my birthday for years. The atmosphere was great. The restaurants had personality and the food was good. Over the last few years though I've noticed there has been a rebranding. I understand that in your business you constantly have to update your look and style to keep up with the competition. The look and feel changed but the food was always good. Until recently.

Like i said, Friday's was always my go-to spot growing up. The main reason was the potato skins. They were great. The skin of the potato, followed by that ever so slight layer of baked potato, topped off with melted cheese, chives and, most importantly, bacon. They were the best, most phenomenal appetizer out there. So much so that, there were many times that was all I would eat. I loved them so much that when they started selling them frozen at the super market I made it a point to get a box every visit. The frozen store bought ones weren't the same though. And of coarse they weren't. But I figured I could always get the real thing at the restaurant. Which brings me to my most recent visit.

I went to Friday's today with my father and sister while visiting the mall. I wasn't too hungry but I figured I'd get a nice order of potato skins. I was very disappointed with what i received. The order came out and it looked something took out of my microwave. The potato was no longer "skin" it was a 2 inch thick piece of very crunchy potato. The cheese didn't look like cheese. Rather a "paste" like orange substance. The bacon was there and good, but not very prevalent. There weren't even chives! Needless to say I won't be ordering them again anytime soon. Which is sad as that leaves a literal bad taste on a very fond memory i had of your restaurant.

Thank you,
A disappointed customer"

Clearly I was passionate towards Friday's as a kid. But how could you not be? The place was great. It was like if a hoarder's house served drinks and bar food. I gotta imagine that the "pieces of flair" bit in the movie "Office Space" didn't help.  But like I said, the place isn't what it used to be, and that saddens me.

and one last note that I ran out of space for on the letter I wrote them. I asked them to put on the Marlins for me, but the guy tells me that someone else had asked to put what was on the TV for them, so I understood that. He offered to put it on a different television, which I had to move seats for, and then after about 10 minutes of waiting he comes back at me with a "I don't know where the remote is." What the hell is that? But whatever, Marlins lost anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment