Thursday, September 30, 2010

Proof of purchase

I never understood why things you buy have the proof of purchase thing. When are you going to have to show proof that you bought season 4 of Smallville on DVD? And in the rare case that you do need the proof of purchase, its almost impossible to take off. Its on the bottom of the cereal box by the UPC so you have to open both sides of the box to get it off and then you're stuck with a cereal bag with a broken box. Or its under that clear lining on DVD cases that's a pain the ass to get under. The only time I'd ever see the need for one of these is in this scenario...

Two boys are discussing what they got for Christmas. One boy says, "I got the new playstation 4" the other boy says, "na ahh" and the first boy says, "oh yea, I got the the proof of purchase."

Highly unlikely scenario, but its the only case where I see one can be useful.
I'm not sure who to direct my frustration to, but to whom it may concern, you know that paper that comes out of the register that says the product we bought and how much we payed for it? Its called a receipt and that's our proof of purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment